Are you ready and confident when going to face a job interview in a company?
|Job interview. Image: publicspeakinginternational.com|
1. Confirm the time and place of the interview the day before. Once confirmation is obtained, you can set the time for tomorrow, for example, estimate the amount of time and distance to reach the destination and decide what vehicle you will use, the possibility of traffic jams, weather conditions and so on.2. Wear formal clothes.
Your appearance and your behavior will be taken into account by the interviewer, so do not forget to wear the best suit that you have. Show me the self-confidence through eye contact, handshake close, and the occasional smile.
3. Find information about prospective employers who want to get information such as the nature of the interview; one-on-one or panel interviews? Should bring a sample of your work? If there is a test / exam, make sure that the test will be how you live. The next information that you must have is information about the company, probably from the promotional brochure / booklet or better than someone who works at the company.
4. Anticipate questions via preparation.
Questions are usually taken from the category your personality, your work history, experience and expertise, the company and the job. Interviewer will try to understand your personality; what is your reason for leaving your job? What do you know about their company and if you are confident of being able to meet the job requirements you seek? Position yourself as an interviewer, what would you ask? Discuss your answers with a friend.
5. Greet the receptionist or the secretary
Once you step into the company, consider the interview has begun. Create a short conversation with the person who greets you at the front desk. You can choose a neutral topic of weather, comfort of their office, or praising their clothes. Do not forget, do it sincerely. In the company, rumors quickly spread so a good first impression you will soon be available. Your chances of even more wide open.
6. Talk something Fun outside Your Resume
This you can do with the interviewer or the person who lead you on the way to the interview room. People of course want co-workers were friendly and fun. That's what you are engaging in pleasant conversation with them. Informal interviews are usually more decisive than a formal interview when indoors.
6. Remember the Name of the Interviewer
Repeat the name of your interviewer as well as introduce yourself when answering questions. With the name, you will get his full attention and he felt special because of mind. This is one of the techniques to communicate.
7. Describe Your Resume
When talking about your resume, do not let the interviewer read and lead the conversation. It's time for you to 'sell yourself' and took over the lead conversations. Thus, you can discuss the strengths and your strengths better than stammering because the interviewer origin 'point' topic area of your resume.
8. Do exercises before presentation. If you are asked to present your material, keep your content simple but firm. Do not be too fast or too long completion in giving an answer. Take the time to practice in front of a mirror will help your timing when describing the answer.
9. Ask or Request Feedback
At the end of the interview, usually, the interviewer will invite you to ask. Take advantage of this moment to minimize the chances of miss-communication or false perceptions. Check back if there are not clear on your resume or ask for feedback from them directly.
10. Special note:
The job interview is an important time before you received as an employee of a company. You should be confident and optimistic. You do not need to think about the final outcome of the interview. The important thing you can go through each of your interview process, there may be stages of the test, or follow-up interviews. Job interview process is the beginning of the creation of your career in the future.